Dr. Alex Vilderman provides gentle gum treatment and periodontics.
Oral DNA® Periodontal Disease Test & Treatment
Providing Gum Disease Treatment in Sacramento, California
Gum disease, known as Periodontal disease, is an infection of the gum and bone, the tissues that support your teeth. As the gum tissues are damaged, pockets of infection form around them, becoming larger as the infection increases. In the pockets of infection, bacteria excrete toxins, which cause inflammation. As the infection progresses, the gum tissue and bone recede from the teeth, which causes the teeth to become mobile and fall out.
Oral DNA® is an extraordinary new procedure offered by
Serenity Dental. The Oral DNA salivary diagnostic test identifies the type and
concentration of specific perio-pathogenic bacteria that are known to cause
periodontal disease. The Oral DNA test helps support the clinician with better
risk assessment and personalized treatment options for more predictable
outcomes. We are very excited about the benefits of Oral DNA testing and feel that it is one of the more significant dental hygiene develpments in the last five years.
The procedure is very easy. And whether you have gum
disease issues or not, we recommend that you consider an Oral DNA test, as it is
clearly the most effective way to identify and avert serious gum diseases.
- Gingivitis. This is a milder form of periodontal disease. It only affects the gums and is reversible.
- Periodontitis. This stage is a more serious periodontal disease that stems from Gingivitis and can extend into the bone.
Periodontitis is one of the main causes of tooth loss.
- Smoking or chewing tobacco
- Systemic diseases such as diabetes
- Some types of medications such as steroids, some anti-epilepsy drugs, cancer therapy drugs, calcium channel blockers, and oral contraceptives
- Crooked teeth
- Defective fillings
- Poor fitting Bridges/Crowns
If you experience any of these symptoms, you should visit your dentist for an examination:
- Red, swollen, tender gums
- Gums that bleed easily
- Gums that have pulled away from teeth
- Persistent bad breath or bad taste in your mouth
- Permanent teeth that are loose or separating
- Any changes in your bite
- Any changes in the fit of your partial dentures
If you are concerned about gum disease and live in the Sacramento,
CA area, please contact our office.
Call us at (916) 285-9400