Porcelain Crowns & Bridges
Providing Porcelain Crowns & Bridges for Sacramento, California
A dental crown is a method for restoring a tooth that has decayed, worn down, or cracked and cannot be corrected with a tooth filling. In some instances an old filling may have expanded and contracted over time, causing it to separate from the tooth, which can cause the tooth to become damaged or weakened. The distorted filling eventually causes a small opening between itself and the tooth, which invariably results in decay. If the filling is not replaced by a crown, the tooth may crack and bring on more serious problems and discomfort.
A dental bridge literally bridges the gap created by a missing tooth and then linking a false tooth in between the two crowns, to fill the empty space of the missing tooth. Bridges are a great way to replace missing teeth. Other options for replacing teeth include Dental Implants or Implant Retained Dentures.
- All-porcelain crowns are all white, like your teeth, so they give your mouth the natural look you want
- Porcelain crowns are custom made to fit over your natural tooth. The crown is bonded to your tooth, covering it completely, restoring its strength and function.
- Porcelain crowns repair and strengthen damaged teeth, and can also be used to give a new surface to discolored or misshaped teeth.
- Porcelain crowns help stop the spread of decay and correct any structural damage.
- A strategically placed crown can also improve the alignment of your bite, thereby preventing other teeth from shifting, and more evenly distributing the pressure placed upon your teeth when you bite or chew.
- Because of the inherent smoothness of porcelain and strength of the bonding process, all-porcelain crowns increase not only the strength but also the life span of the tooth.
Porcelain crown placement typically involves two visits. Your tooth is prepared and shaped, and then impressions are taken and sent to a dental lab. The lab creates a model from your impressions and crafts a porcelain crown to fit over your tooth. This crown is then bonded to your tooth.
Other than a little sensitivity for a few days, the procedure itself is relatively pain-free.
All-porcelain crowns are very strong and durable. In many
instances they will outlast the biting capacity of your natural teeth, but they still require the same daily care that you give your normal teeth.
With porcelain crowns, Serenity Dental can give you a healthy and beautiful smile. If you live in Sacramento, California, we invite you to contact Serenity Dental for an initial consultation.
Call us at (916) 285-9400